I will conquer that. I may be able to hold it now, but here soon you'll be able to serve tea off my back and I won't even spill the milk jug.
For anyone feeling piratey who feels compelled to make a leather tricorn hat, I highly recommend this page:
http://www.houseofanoria.com/CaptainJack/Captain%20Jack%20Sparrow%20Hat.pdf
As long as you don't mind "Do it yourself" patterns. There's math involved. I kinda had one of those feelings this last year, and whipped one up. I had a little trouble with the size, but a good friend told me to expand the leather quickly with 1/3 rubbing alcohol 2/3 water mixture, which did the trick in a jiffy.
There was also some issue with the crown matching up, but as my heart told me, "Don't worry about it. It looks hand made now!"
and oh yes, that is totally a pin that I bought at a thrift store.
I have been trying to get into the habit of doing a "step by step" picture documentation of the things I've doing, but its hard! I get going and before I know it, I'm sealing the dang thing and thinking to myself "gee, I should have take more pictures ". Oh well. This way no one can steal my secrets!!!
hah.
loves loves loves


No comments:
Post a Comment